Banana Bread. Great Tasting Bread Recipes for All to Enjoy. Baking Bread with Almond Breeze is Easy & Delicious. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. You can have Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of margarine or butter, softened.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of mashed ripe bananas, (about 3 large).
- You need 2 1/2 cup of sifted all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts, optional.
In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. This classic Banana Bread recipe has appeared in almost every edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook that's ever been printed, and it's no surprise! This Banana Bread is sure to become a staple in your home if it's not already. Enjoy slices of moist Banana Bread and add chopped walnuts, chocolate chips or berries to customize it to your family's favorite flavors.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9.5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray..
- Beat sugars and margarine in a large bowl with mixer until creamy..
- Add egg, egg whites and bananas. Mix well..
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened..
- Fold in walnuts (if used) and pour into prepared pan..
- Bake for 45-50 min, and cool in pan for 10 minutes..
- Remove to wire rack, cool completely. Cut into 16 pieces and serve..
It's always a delicious idea to have a loaf of simple Banana Bread around the kitchen for a wholesome way to satisfy snack-time cravings. The batter for this easy-to-make banana bread is enriched with sour cream, which gives it a subtle tang and super moist texture. In order to avoid this quick bread becoming tough and chewy, don't overmix the batter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.