My banana bread. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Banana bread should form a crack down the center as it bakes–a sign the baking soda is doing its job. Serve toasted with a smear of cream cheese, Greek yogurt, or peanut and top with mixed nuts, if desired. You can even customize your bread with a crunchy streusal topping that the kids will love. You can cook My banana bread using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My banana bread
- It’s 1 cup of Mashed ripe bananas (3-4).
- It’s 1/3 cup of Buttermilk or substitute.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Butter, melted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped pecans or chocolate chips.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. I'm not a big fan of banana bread, but we had three or four bananas wasting away in the pantry so I decided to give this bread a shot. The bananas have to be over-ripe.
My banana bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- If you don't have buttermilk, add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to the milk, stir and let stand a few minutes.
- Combine the butter, oil and sugar: Whisk or beat together the melted butter, oil and sugar in a mixing bowl until combined.
- Add the eggs: Whisk until completely combined and the mixture is smooth..
- Add the milk and vanilla: Whisk the milk and vanilla into the batter..
- Add banana to mixture and stir.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into wet ingredients. Mix until flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Stir in nuts or chocolate.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Or makes 12-16 muffins.. Bakes for 20-25 minutes.
When it comes to banana bread, the blacker the peel, the better. These mushy bananas give off a much sweeter flavor, making them perfect for baking banana bread. Previously frozen ripe bananas work great as well! Now for my favorite part: the nuts! You can use walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts.