Red pepper, mushroom cajun chicken thighs. Braised Chicken Thighs with Onions and Mushrooms This is a pretty standard recipe for braised chicken, although I based my version on Emeril's recipe he shared on Good Morning America some time ago. Season the chicken lightly with salt, pepper and cajun spices. In a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
To enjoy this healthy chicken dish is to celebrate the essence of each ingredient, without overseasoning. The combination of peppers, onions and mushrooms give an earthy, sweetness to the lightly seasoned, naturally juicy chicken. Deglaze the pan with chicken stock. You can have Red pepper, mushroom cajun chicken thighs using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red pepper, mushroom cajun chicken thighs
- Prepare of chicken thighs, skin off.
- It’s of red pepper, sliced.
- You need of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need of small onion, sliced.
- Prepare of cajon seasoning (I use Joes' recipe).
- You need of butter.
- It’s of oil.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- Prepare of Shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Thyme, a few sprigs (pull out when serving).
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- You need of pepper.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of cooked rice.
Scrape off any bits that may be stuck to the pan and mix in. Add shallot, garlic, mushrooms, thyme and a little sea salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are soft. Remove the chicken from a pan, and place it on a plate.
Red pepper, mushroom cajun chicken thighs step by step
- Prepare rice according to package. Set aside. Coat the chicken well with the cajon rub. Use an iron skillet on medium heat to melt the butter and oil. Cook the chicken for 6 minutes each side. Set aside. Add a bit more oil to the pan to saute the pepper, onion, spices and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Add the cream..
- Add the chicken back in to the veggie mixture to heat through. Spoon the chicken and creamy veggies over the rice. Top with shredded parmesan cheese and serve..
- Joe's cajon rub recipe is on my page..
Cover it to keep it warm. Add the white white and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Place thinly sliced bell peppers on the bottom of the casserole dish. Place chicken breasts on top (so that the peppers will cook underneath the chicken). Drizzle the chicken thighs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.