Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe. For Simple & Fast Recipes That Are Full of Flavor. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Melt butter in a saucepan on medium high heat.
How to make Chicken Gravy from Scratch: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and black pepper until no lumps remain. Instructions Melt the butter, then add the flour and blend thoroughly. You can cook Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter (you can use salted or unsalted butter. Just remember to adjust the salt).
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin (a lot? yes, that’s because I love it. But you can adjust it to your taste. Start with 2 tsp at least).
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock (or 2 chicken bouillon cube + 500 ml water).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chicken fat drips (or replace it with butter).
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of Salt.
Slowly add the broth, salt and pepper and blend until mixture thickens. Whisk in the chicken broth and stir until there are no more lumps and the gravy is smooth. Bring the gravy to a simmer and stir until the gravy thickens. Season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe instructions
- Start with 1 tbsp butter in a pan using just medium flame, and add the thinly sliced yellow onion right after the butter is melted..
- Once the onion starts to look transparent, add in the thinly sliced garlic. Keep turning them until caramelized..
- Once it’s beginning to be caramelized, add dried thyme and cumin and keep turning them around 2 minutes..
- Add in all-purpose flour and mix it with the onion and the garlic and after they’re mixed, pour the chicken fat (or extra butter) in and turn it for 1 minute, then pour in the chicken stock (or water with the chicken bouillon cube)..
- Shimmer it on small flame to thicken to about 1 cup (Since you need to strain it later, take a wild guess that after it’s strained, it’ll be 1 cup).
- Season it with salt and pepper, taste it, and after you’re happy with it, leave it there for 2 extra minutes before straining it..
- Now all you need to do is just straining the gravy and prepare to receive praises with grace!.
Add in the shredded chicken and stir until it is heated through. Instructions Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, bouillon, and seasonings to a medium pot. Combine the cold water and corn starch in a small Tupperware with a lid. In a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, bring chicken broth to a boil. In a small bowl whisk together water and corn starch until dissolved.