Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini. Cut the fish fillets into large pieces and put them in a serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over the fish and top with the fried onions and roasted pine nuts. Serve at room temperature or cold with pita bread.
Spread sauce over fish and cover with onion slices. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon. Samak bi-Tarator Baked Fish with Tahini Sauce. You can cook Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini
- It’s 1 kg of fish fillets, such as Hamour fish.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, cut in slices.
- It’s 4 of medium onions, sliced.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of pine nuts, roasted.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of For the tahini sauce:.
- You need 1 cup of tahini, sesame paste.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Meanwhile, prepare the tahini sauce by mixing the tahini with lemon juice then drizzling in some water, it will thicken at the beginning then it will get looser and smoother. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat butter. In a baking dish, place the fish and add the olive oil, salt, black pepper, cumin, coriander and lemon zest. Rub the spices into the fish until well coated.
Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini instructions
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the fish. Coat it with 2 tablespoons olive oil and put the fish fillets on it..
- Spread the lemon slices over the fillets then pour over the lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil. Add some salt..
- Wrap the aluminum foil around the fillets and put it in an oven tray..
- Cook the fish fillets, in a preheated oven for 10 min. Then turn them on the other side and let them cook for another 10 min..
- Remove tray from oven and let it cool..
- To prepare the tahini sauce, dissolve the tahini paste in 3/4 cup of water so it does not clot when adding the rest of the ingredients. Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt. Mix well till you get a fluid homogenous sauce..
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the sliced onions until they become tender. Remove the pan from heat..
- Cut the fish fillets into large pieces and put them in a serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over the fish and top with the fried onions and roasted pine nuts. Serve at room temperature or cold with pita bread..
- Note: For an easier Tagine recipe, you can replace the fish with 3 tuna cans. In this case, drain the tuna and transfer it into the serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over and top with the fried onions and pine nuts..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Tahini sauce' under my profile.
In a frying pan, add the olive oil and onions and cook until soft. This is a specialty dish where a lightly lemon-marinated fish is baked, then covered with a mouth-watering sauce made with Tahini paste (roasted sesame seeds), lemon juice, garlic and spices. For those who are not familiar with Tahini, it's a paste made from crushing/blending roasted sesame seeds. Place fish filets in a large baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, warm water, grated garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.