Chicken Shawarma with tahini yogurt sauce. Thinly slice the chicken thighs cross-wise. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter with the yogurt sauce, bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and mint. Serve with flatbread or stuffed into pita pockets.
Can be served as an entrée with rice, salad, and a vegetable of your choice, or as a sandwich: fill pita bread with lettuce, chicken strips, tomato, cucumber, and onion, and top with tahini sauce or toum. Add the chicken, season well with salt and pepper, and toss to coat thoroughly. In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, garlic, tahini, cilantro and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. You can have Chicken Shawarma with tahini yogurt sauce using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma with tahini yogurt sauce
- You need 6 of med. chicken thighs – bone-in or boneless.
- You need of Marinade.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of cardamom.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Yogurt sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 3 tbsp of tahini.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of To serve.
- You need 6 of flatbread/tortilla.
- You need of Shredded lettuce.
- Prepare Slices of Tomato.
- Prepare Slices of cucumber.
For a gluten-free meal, serve the chicken over a bed of spinach leaves and top with the red onion and tahini sauce. Mix well with the chicken, making sure all pieces are properly coated on all sides, cover and refridgerate for two hours or overnight if you can. Grilled Chicken Shawarma with Yogurt Tahini Sauce & Marinated Veggies (Gluten-Free, Paleo) A gluten-free and paleo grilled chicken shawarma recipe served with a dairy-free yogurt tahini sauce and marinated veggies. This Arabic meal packs in so much flavor and is guaranteed to be a showstopper dinner!
Chicken Shawarma with tahini yogurt sauce step by step
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag (or bowl)..
- Add the chicken and use your hands to make sure each piece is coated. If using a ziplock bag, I find it convenient to close the bag then massage the bag to disperse the rub all over each chicken piece..
- Marinate overnight or up to 24 hours..
- Combine the Yogurt Sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix. Cover and put in the fridge until required (it will last for 3 days in the fridge)..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F..
- Bake for 35-40 mins for bone-in and 25-30 mins for boneless..
- To serve: cut chicken into pieces and wrap in flatbread along with yogurt sauce, lettuce, tomato and cucumber..
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Add chicken and rub the yogurt mixture into it. For the Tahini Yogurt Sauce, blend Greek yogurt, Soom Tahini, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh dill, mint, olive oil, salt, and cracked black pepper in a food processor until they reach a smooth creamy consistency. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired. To make this fabulous sauce, add Greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, tahini, a clove of minced garlic, fresh/dried dill leaves, lemon juice, salt & pepper to a bowl.