Best-Ever Banana Bread. This was the BEST bread EVER! In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. This is the only banana bread recipe you'll ever need. You can cook Best-Ever Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best-Ever Banana Bread
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter or margarine,softened.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of mashed very ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk or milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped nuts, if desired.
More banana adds more moisture and flavor to the finished product. How to Mash Bananas Did you know you can use your electric mixer to mash bananas? A slice of this will treat you well at breakfast and will still provide you with the nutrients of banana that other banana bread recipes tend to drown out with too many heavily caloric ingredients. Better yet, make it for dessert.
Best-Ever Banana Bread instructions
- Heat oven to 350°F . Grease bottoms only of 2 (8×4-inch)loaf pans or 1 (9×5-inch)loaf pan..
- In large bowl, mix sugar and butter. Add eggs,bananas,buttermilk and vanilla ; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.Stir in flour,baking soda,salt and nuts just until moistened. Pour batter into pans..
- Bake 8-inch loaves 1hour,9-inch loaf 1 1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool about 1 hour before slicing..
- High Altitude (3500-6500ft): Increase flour to 2 3/4 cups. In step 1,heat oven to 375°F. In step2,add 1/4 cup water with buttermilk. Bake 8-inch loaves about 1hour 5minutes,9-inch loaf about 1hour 30 minutes..
Toast it up and serve with a bit of whipped cream for a true treat. Banana bread is a moist, cake-like bread that is a made using ripe, mashed bananas. It is a "quick bread" which means the leavening agents in the batter are baking soda and baking powder, rather than yeast, which is used in regular bread recipes. Remove odd pots and pans from oven. This is honestly the best banana bread recipe ever!