Spicy Jalapeño Hummus. Homemade spicy hummus, made with jalapeno peppers, is a flavorful twist on traditional hummus and tastes better than store-bought versions. In a blender or food processor, mix the garbanzo beans, jalapeno peppers and reserved juice, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. Season with cumin, curry powder, and crushed red pepper.
The result is a super tasty, kicked up version of classic hummus. It's a lower fat, zestier alternative to guacamole. Spicy Jalapeno Hummus This Jalapeno Hummus recipe is a smooth homemade hummus with fresh jalapenos for a spicy kick. You can cook Spicy Jalapeño Hummus using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Jalapeño Hummus
- Prepare 3 (14.5 ounce) of can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Red hot wings sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of jalapeños, chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of plus 1 table spoon tahini (Sesame paste).
- It’s 3 of Garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s of (Optional) 1 loaf pita bread.
Quick and Easy to make in a blender or food processor. Perfect to have on hand for a quick snack with fresh veggies or as a sandwich spread. Jalapeño hummus is a healthy protein-packed snack. Spicy Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus packs a ton of heat into every flavorful bite.
Spicy Jalapeño Hummus step by step
- And the chickpeas into a food processor..
- Then add the garlic, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt..
- Add jalapeños, hot sauce, and tahini..
- Pulse until the mixture is smooth and combined. Add up to 1/2 of water if not right texture..
- Place on pita bread if desired..
It's easy to make and easier to eat with vegetables or pita bread. Warm the chickpeas in the microwave for about a minute (this helps make the hummus creamier). Begin processing and stream in the olive oil through the top of the machine. Place garlic cloves with skin still on and whole jalapeños on a baking sheet. If the garlic cloves get too roasty-looking, take them out.