Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Add the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and garlic red bell peppers, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, pinch of cayenne pepper and a pinch of kosher salt. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes. This Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is so creamy and smooth!
The spiciness in the hummus comes from smoked paprika and hot chilli powder. They work so well together and alongside the roasted red pepper. Pulse a few times to chop up the chickpeas. You can have Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- You need 3 cup of chickpeas drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet Red Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Hot Sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of Tahini.
In this spicy roasted red pepper hummus, freshly roasted peppers are blended with chickpeas, garlic, lemon, tahini and a serrano chile for some kick! It's funny how food-bloggers think alike. Besides always thinking of food, I often see a lot of bloggers (myself included) post similar recipes or recipes using similar ingredients. BEST Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe.
Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus step by step
- Mix together the dry spices (salt, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper ).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the red pepper into squares and in a medium mixing bowl add in 1 tbs coconut oil and sprinkle a portion of the dry mixture on top and then toss.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes turning the pieces every 5-10 minutes to allow for the pepper to Roasted evenly.
- In a mixer with a blade attachment add the chick peas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, hot sauce, coconut oil, roasted red pepper, and spice mixture then blend on high speed until smooth..
This roasted red pepper hummus is a bit on the rustic side. Creamy with a little bit of texture, and packed with flavor–sweet, smoky, and spicy! As you probably guessed, the star ingredient in this hummus recipe is roasted red peppers, which bring a little sweetness to this hummus dip. This Spicy Red Pepper Hummus combines all of the things I love…spice and delicious dip. This is the perfect snack – healthy + homemade + tasty!