Tamarind Barbecue Chicken. Place chicken breasts onto preheated grill; discard used marinade. Spice up your grilled chicken with the flavors of Mexico. Smoky-spicy chipotle peppers are tamed by tangy-sweet tamarind nectar, savory garlic and cumin for a quick barbecue-style sauce.
This grilled tamarind chicken is sweet, tangy, sticky and full of flavor and combined with smoky char and tamarind sauce made an incredibly delicious and unique dinner meal. Season chicken with either the wet or dry rub. Rub the chicken with oil and season with salt. You can have Tamarind Barbecue Chicken using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tamarind Barbecue Chicken
- You need of Chicken barbecue———.
- Prepare of tamarind marinade see my recipe.
- It’s of chicken breast boneless and Skinless.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of cornstarch.
- You need of water.
- You need of Broccoli———–.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of broccoli.
- It’s of water.
- You need of Rice————.
- You need of rice.
- You need of saffron flowers not the strands see note below.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of fenugreek.
Brush with the sauce and grill over low heat,. In a large saucepan, whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, butter, tamarind concentrate (paste), orange peel, and ginger. To cook on a gas grill, preheat the grill to medium. Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
Tamarind Barbecue Chicken step by step
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Add marinade and chicken strips to a ziploc bag.
- Put into refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Take the lime rinds out of marinade and add the chicken strips to a hot pan let simmer for 5 minutes then add the marinade..
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and let reduce.
- Simmer till reduced about a third.
- Add sugar and stir simmering 4 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch and water add chicken back and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch solution and stir till thickened.
- Cook the broccoli with water salt and butter cook till done.
- Cook the rice with butter, saffron flowers, salt, water water and fenugreek.
- Note saffron flowers are the actual flowers of the saffron Plant. The stem is the expensive spice it has the same flavor, but cheaper. You have to use more of the flowers but it's so very cheap to buy. You usually can get them in the Latino section in the grocery store..
- Serve with the broccoli around the edges, rice in the middle, and chicken and sauce on top..
- I hope you enjoy!!!.
Now it's time to start applying the tamarind bbq sauce on the chicken pieces. Apply liberally and remember to keep flipping as you do so, to create a nice even caramelized color on the grilled chicken. After a couple coats of the bbq sauce you'll start having a nice glaze… very appetizing! In a sauce pan on medium high heat, add the oil. When hot, saute the shallots, garlic and ginger.