Buttermilk Biscuit. Choose Click & Collect Or Delivery. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Add buttermilk, incorporating it into the dry ingredients with a fork. Using hands work dough briefly until it just comes together. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients to thoroughly combine. You can have Buttermilk Biscuit using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuit
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cold milk.
- It’s 3/4 tablespoon of lemon juice/vinegar.
Cut in the ice cold butter slices using a wire pastry blender, until the mixture has the texture of coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and pour in the cold buttermilk. Mix lightly until mixture is just moist throughout. Dust hands with flour and form a ball.
Buttermilk Biscuit step by step
- Mix lemon juice with milk. Stir and let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes in the refrigerator. This mixture is the buttermilk..
- Preheat the oven to 450°F..
- Put the dry ingredients in the food processor. Pulse several times to mix. Add the butter cubes..
- Pulse until the pieces are no bigger than peas..
- Add buttermilk and pulse until dough comes together..
- Lightly dust with flour the working surface and knead gently about 3-4 times to bring it together..
- Roll the dough into a 9×5-inch rectangle and about 1/2-inch thick..
- Fold the dough into thirds like a business letter..
- Repeat this step, roll the dough into a 9×5-inch rectangle about 1/2-inch thick, and again fold it into thirds like a letter..
- Finally roll the dough out to 3/4-inch thickness. Using a round cutter, cut biscuits from the dough (don't twist the cutter, use a straight up and straight down motion)..
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch of space between them. Brush the biscuits with melted butter..
- Bake for about 11-12 minutes. Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes and serve warm..
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs with a few large clumps remaining. Make the biscuits: Place the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl or in a large food processor. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, or in the bowl of a food processor.