Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread). In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Place muffin liners into a muffin tin.
These double chocolate banana muffins are super moist, not too sweet and filled with big banana flavor. These chocolate banana muffins are the perfect way to get your chocolate fix and use up those brown bananas. These double chocolate banana bread muffins bring together two of my favorite sweet ingredients, to make a super easy fool-proof treat that anyone can bake. You can cook Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread)
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3 of medium spotty bananas (or 2 large).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of – 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk, at room temperature.
- You need 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
The recipe is totally easy and only require few pantry staples, very ripe bananas, cocoa and of course chocolate. I find the muffin form much more handy and quick, especially if you have family and friends around for brekkie/tea time, but. In another bowl, whisk the bananas, yogurt, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a standard size muffin tin pan or line with parchment liners and set it aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk together both of the flours, the cocoa powder, the baking soda and the salt until well combined and set it aside..
- In a seperate large bowl, mash the bananas. Then whisk in the eggs, sugar (if your bananas are super brown and spotty, you can use only 1/2 cup. If they're still pretty yellow, use 3/4 cup), milk, vanilla and melted butter until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Then fold in the dark chocolate chips..
- Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared pan, filling all the way to the top. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Let them cool in the pan for 10 or so minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- For bread, pour the batter into a greased 9"x5" loaf pan, lined with a sheet of parchment paper hanging over each side. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 or so minutes, then lift it out of the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
Add the butter and sugars to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Beat in the egg, vanilla, banana, and sour cream. Make sure you're using super brown speckled bananas- the riper, the better your double chocolate banana muffins will taste. The chocolate flavor overpowers the banana, so don't expect tons of banana flavor. Rather, expect a chocolate explosion with hints of sweet banana in the background.