Schezwan Chicken. Szechuan chicken comes from the region of Sichuan in China and is meant to be pretty spicy. Szechuan cuisine is known for using strong flavors and especially Szechuan peppercorns, which have a very. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, ginger, sugar, and crushed red pepper; add chicken, tossing to coat. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the chopped chicken. Heat oil in a wok or a large pan. You can have Schezwan Chicken using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Schezwan Chicken
- Prepare of Chicken boneless cut in cubes.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Egg beaten.
- It’s of Cornflour.
- It’s of Soya sauce.
- You need of Chilli sauce.
- You need of Ginger Garlic paste.
- Prepare of Marinate chicken with above recipe and deep fry them and kept aside.
- It’s of For gravy.
- Prepare of Chilli oil.
- It’s of Crushed ginger.
- You need of Ketchup.
- Prepare of Gol laal mirch.
- Prepare of Chilli paste.
- It’s of Vinegar.
- You need of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Chicken powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of capsicum in cubes.
- It’s of onion cubed.
Add the Szechuan peppercorn and dried red chilies. Szechuan chicken is a sweet and spicy dish from the Chinese province of Sichuan. This incorporates the Szechuan peppercorn which lends a slightly citrusy flavor to the whole dish. It is a dish on a spicier side, that because very popular all over the world.
Schezwan Chicken instructions
- First of all deep fry chicken and keep aside..
- In same oil fry gol laal mirch and also keep them aside. Now in a wok add chilli oil, and crushed ginger. Fry it on high flame till it's little brown in color..
- Add ketchup 5 tbsp. Add fried gol laal mirch, chilli paste 2 tbsp. Now add vinegar, sugar Add stock and then add chicken..
- Now add chicken powder amd adjust salt.add the veggies.
- Chilli oil and paste Red button chillies ½kg (soak over night in water) garlic 4-5 cloves White vinegar 4tbsp Water to make paste Blend all the above item together very well..
- Now heat 4 tbsp oil and add the blended chilli paste. Fry a little for 5 minutes then add sugar and some salt. Cook for 15-20 mins till oil is red..
- Serve with fried rice..
Nowadays, you can find this recipe pretty much in all Chinese restaurants. Szechuan chicken is chicken prepared using techniques from southwestern China's Sichuan province. The most salient features of this cuisine are garlic, chili peppers and Sichuan pepper. Unlike white or black pepper, Sichuan pepper does not heat the mouth. Sweet & spicy, better than Chinese takeout!