Japanese Garlic Butter Fried Rice. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Besides garlic, other common ingredients in Japanese Garlic Fried Rice are butter and parsley. You can omit butter if you're vegan, or use a substitute.
The garlic butter fried rice is not a traditional asian dish. If you look at the ingredients for asian dishes, butter is almost never used. Instead, its more of a fusion dish that enhances a normal fried rice dish with a savory garlic butter. You can have Japanese Garlic Butter Fried Rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Garlic Butter Fried Rice
- You need of Cooked Rice.
- You need of Chicken Meat (skinless, boneless, cut into pieces).
- You need of Frozen Veggies.
- It’s of Eggs (whisked).
- You need of Yellow Onion (chopped finely).
- It’s of Spring Onions (chopped roughly).
- It’s of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare of Salt, Pepper and Soy Sauce to season.
- It’s of Garlic Butter Recipe (mix well).
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare of Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
Its more of an east meets west kind of dish. Marion's Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas. Break up any lumps of rice with the wok spatula. Season the rice with salt, light soy sauce, mirin, and sake.
Japanese Garlic Butter Fried Rice instructions
- COOK THE VEGGIES; Heat 2 Tbsp of Oil in a wok until hot. Fry the Onions until fragrant and translucent. Then add the Frozen Veggies and cook them until tender. Lastly, add the spring onions and cook for 10 seconds. Remove and set aside..
- COOK THE EGG; Heat 1 Tbsp of cooking oil in the wok until hot and cook the eggs scrambled. Remove and set aside..
- COOK THE CHICKEN; Heat 2 Tbsp of cooking in the wok until hot coating the surface well. Add the chicken and cook it for 2-3 minutes each side for 5-6 minutes total. Then add 2 Tbsp of the Garlic Butter and let cook for another minute or so. Remove and set aside..
- COOK THE RICE; Add the Cooked Rice to the wok. Them add 2 Tbsp of the Garlic Butter and mix well. Then add the Veggies, Eggs, Chicken and mix well again. Turn off the heat, season with 1 tsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce, 1-2 pinches of Salt as well as 1 or 2 dashes of pepper..
When the rice is getting dryer, add the fried garlic and scallion. Stir-fry the rice over high heat for half a minute. Use Garlic Butter: For the best flavored fried rice, you'll want to use garlic butter. Butter makes your fried rice soft and fluffy and the burst of garlic flavor takes this dish to the next level. See below for a special Benihana garlic butter recipe.