Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup. Stir hash browns, ham, Cheddar cheese, onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Cheesy Potatoes and Ham Esther Yoder combines leftover ham with canned soup, cheese and a few other ingredients to make this mashed potato-topped casserole. "My family loves it," notes the Millersburg, Ohio reader.
Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Layer half of the potatoes and ham in the bottom of the dish. Pour half of the cheese sauce over the potatoes, ensuring that all of the potatoes are covered with the sauce. You can cook Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup
- It’s of Veggies.
- It’s 3 of potatoes, peeled & diced.
- It’s 2 cup of chopped broccoli – I used florets.
- You need of meat.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped ham.
- Prepare of Dairy.
- It’s 3 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Milk or Heavy Cream- I used 2% to lighten this recipe up.
- You need 5 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need of Seasonings.
- You need of Pepper, garlic, onion powder- I omitted salt due to the ham. If u choose to not use ham or meat, salt may be needed.
Repeat with the remaining potatoes and ham and the rest of the cheese sauce. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Melt butter in microwave in large bowl. Mix in condensed soup, sour cream, and cheese.
Cheesy Potato Ham & Broccoli Soup instructions
- Peel & cut up Potatoes to desired size, then toss in your crockpot.
- Melt butter in large pot or Dutch oven, then add flour. This needs to be on med-high & stir constantly.
- Flour will appear chunky & clumpy. Perfect! Fry 4-6min, still stirring!.
- Now you need to add 3 cups of HOT chicken broth & whisk whisk whisk that flour! Then add 1 & 1/2 cups of the milk or cream. Reserve the other 1 cup of broth & 1/2cup milk.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes once it's cooked about 10min on medium. Then add the cut ham, over mixture.
- Add cut up broccoli to crockpot. I used remaining milk & broth to make sure broccoli was covered with liquid. Stir mix & cover. Low4-6hrs, High 2-3..
- Add cheese during the last 30min. I did 2 heaping cupfuls, then added the rest to each bowl. Yum!.
Then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt (if using), and pepper. Slice the potatoes really thin using a mandolin or a really sharp knife, the thinner the better. Add cubed Velveeta and cubed or shredded cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and the sauce thickens. In the prepared dish, layer cooked potatoes, cubed ham and cheese sauce in several layers.