Deep dish taco pizza. Deep-Dish Taco Pizza Be the first to rate & review! This family-pleasing dish is a cross between a pizza and a casserole, and guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters. I make my own deep dish dough, and add all the regular taco toppings once the pizza is out of the oven and cooled (lettuce, tomato, olives, green onion, and avocado) and served with salsa.
This was a favorite meal for my family when I was growing up. It was a regular in my mom's meal rotation and it was always met with smiles and clean plates. The best thing about it, besides the ease in which it goes together, is the way you can customize it to fit your families tastes. You can have Deep dish taco pizza using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Deep dish taco pizza
- It’s of pizza.
- Prepare 1 of beer pizza dough, recipe in profile.
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 2 cup of fresh cooked pinto beans or 2 cans, drained and rinsed pinto beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 8 oz of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 4 of roma tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 5 of green onions thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded iceburg lettuce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of taco seasoning.
- You need 3 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt for beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream for garnishing.
- You need 1 of sliced avocado for garnishing.
Fit the pizza into the oiled cast-iron skillet, pressing the edges to make a deep-dish-type crust. Spoon burger mixture over pizza crust dough. Deep-Dish Beef 'n' Bean Taco Pizza My whole family enjoys this dish that tastes like a taco and looks like a deep-dish pizza. Spread blended pinto beans over bottom of dough.
Deep dish taco pizza step by step
- Make pizza dough ahead of time and start rest of ingredients when dough is almost completed proofing. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368393-beer-pizza-dough.
- In a small pot add drained beans and stock. Bring to boil and then turn to simmer 15 minutes..
- Once simmered remove from heat and let cool while you saute beef..
- In skillet, saute beef on medium heat until no longer pink, about 10 minutes..
- Add taco seasoning and water, stir to combine and remove from heat..
- Return to beans and add them with liquid and 1 teaspoon salt to blender and blend smooth..
- Roll pizza dough out to an 11" circle..
- In 9" springform pan or high sided round baking pan place dough and work dough up the sides with your hands..
- Spread blended pinto beans over bottom of dough..
- Spread cooked taco meat over beans..
- Top that with tomatoes then shredded cheese and some of the onions..
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 20 – 25 minutes..
- Let cool five minutes and top with lettuce and green onion..
- Garnish top with sour cream and avocado slices..
- Remove spring form and serve warm and delicious..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Spread cooked taco meat over beans. Stir in taco seasoning mix until blended. Way better than the Taco Bells Mexican Pizza! Check out some tips for baking the perfect pizza every time. Grab your favorite pizza and cook it to perfection on your bbq.