moms baked cream corn. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! In a medium size saucepan heat the corn and milk until warm on medium-low heat.
Top with cubed butter and cream cheese. Remove lid and stir cream cheese and butter into mixture until combined. Rinse the corn kernels to remove any ice, drain, and add to a stockpot or dutch oven. You can cook moms baked cream corn using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of moms baked cream corn
- You need 1 can of cream corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of cracker crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of beaten eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Place cornstarch in a small, heat-safe mixing bowl. Stir the butter, milk-cornstarch mixture, salt, pepper and sugar into the dutch oven containing the corn. Stir the creamed corn into the butter mixture, along with the drained whole kernel corn. A layer of crispy, buttery saltines over a sea of creamed corn, it's a recipe my mom has been making as long as I can remember.
moms baked cream corn instructions
- mix all together. pour into a greased 8 x 8 baking pan. bake at 350 for about one hour..
- recipe maybe doubled, use a 9 x 13 pan..
- chopped onion and celery maybe added..
Yes, this old-fashioned recipe calls for canned cream corn. Yes, it has nearly a whole stick of butter on top. Yes, it is totally worth it! Today my own kids look forward to this dish that they call "Corn Pie" once a year at Thanksgiving. Let the onion-pepper mixture cool for a few minutes and then stir into the corn mixture.