Potato & Leek Soup with frozen pork Gyozas. Low Prices on Potato But Did You Check eBay? The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae. Wild potato species, originating in modern-day Peru, can be found throughout the Americas, from Canada to southern Chile.
Other early potatoes, including waxy salad varieties, start to appear in May. Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers. The potato is native to the Peruvian-Bolivian Andes and is one of the world's main food crops. You can have Potato & Leek Soup with frozen pork Gyozas using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato & Leek Soup with frozen pork Gyozas
- It’s Splash of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of Leeks.
- You need 4-6 of Potatoes.
- You need 1 of Onion (optional).
- You need 900 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need of Salt and Pepper to season.
- You need 1 tbsp of Crème Fraiche/natural yoghurt pp (optional).
- You need 2-3 of Frozen Gyozas pp (optional) see my Gyoza recipe.
Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. Potatoes can be successfully grown in containers. The humble potato is one of the nation's most-loved ingredients, and it's easy to see why. These potato cakes are not sweet cakes, they are however an excellent way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!
Potato & Leek Soup with frozen pork Gyozas step by step
- Heat pan with olive oil and put in with chopped leeks and onions. Fry off for 5-10 mins before adding potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Add vegetable stock and season well. Bring to boil then simmer on low heat for 20-30 mins. if adding frozen Gyozas, boil for few mins before setting aside..
- Allow to cool slightly then blitz in food processor and warm gently again in clean pan. Check seasoning and stir through crème Fraiche/yoghurt if adding. Add Gyozas and serve..
Serve hot with a little butter with fried eggs, baked beans, or even with a nice steak! Chunks of warm potato tossed with cumin, turmeric and curry powder.. Potatoes are one of the most versatile natural foods that can be cooked in so many different ways, so to get great results you need to pick the right type of potato. It's all a matter of taste. Wash the potatoes well, dry them and prick several times with a fork.