Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author). Home-grown and organic food, drink and recipes, plus household essentials. Farmdrop: The Online Grocer Providing Fresh, Local Food, Delivered To Your Door. Using Locally Sourced Seasonal Ingredients, It's Live, Raw & Naturally Fermented.
You want the butter to be very cold for flaky, tall biscuits. In a glass measuring cup, combine the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy milk and the apple cider vinegar. You can have Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author) using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author)
- Prepare 2 cups of Flour.
- You need 1 TBS of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 cup of Almond Milk.
- Prepare 1 TBS of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Baking Soda.
- It’s 3/4 TSP of Sea Salt.
- You need 4 TBS of Soy Vegan Butter.
This allows the milk to curdle slightly to make vegan buttermilk. Pro Tip: Buttermilk both adds flavor as well as gives these biscuits their fluffy texture. Brush the tops of the biscuits with dairy-free milk. Transfer the baking sheet to a cooling rack when the biscuits are finished baking, then brush the tops with a bit of melted vegan butter.
Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author) instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add lemon juice to almond milk and set aside to make "buttermilk".
- Whisk dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Add cold butter and combine until only small pieces remain and ut looks like sand. Do not let butter warn up.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and stir gently while pouring the "butter milk" in 1/4 cup at a time.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and very gently turn the dough over on itself about 6 times.
- Form into a 1-inch thick disc, handling as little as possible.
- Use a thick dough cutter or the rim of a small coffee cup and push into the dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before storing. Goes great with my vegan breakfeast gravy (coming soon).
Let the biscuits cool for a few minutes before serving. Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author). Here is how you cook that. You'll be amazed at how soft and buttery these are — you'd never guess they were dairy free. Okay, so they're not the prettiest biscuits in the world, but that's fine with me.