Teriyaki Sauce. Make your own Teriyaki Sauce recipe for your favorite Asian-style dishes, using Food Network's blend of soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground ginger in a saucepan over medium heat. While it can be made with just soy sauce and sugar, the addition of mirin adds a beautiful luster to the sauce and mimics that restaurant quality feel.
After sauce is simmering, add cornstarch and water mixture, whisking well until sauce thickens. Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness. Teriyaki sauce is most often used as a marinade or a glaze for meats and fish. You can have Teriyaki Sauce using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Sauce
- You need 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Pineapple Juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Water.
It's best known for its combination with grilled chicken, but it also works in the oven or broiler, in a skillet on the stovetop, in a slow cooker, and in a wok for stir-frying. In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, sugar, water, mirin, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer. This homemade teriyaki sauce is sweet, salty and thick.
Teriyaki Sauce step by step
- In a small saucepan whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, salt, and pepper..
- In a small dish on the side whisk together corn starch and water until smooth..
- Slowly whisk corn starch mixture into sauce in pan..
- Bring sauce to a boil until it just starts to thicken..
- Remove from heat and reserve about 1/4 for basting later..
- Add teriyaki to the meat you are marinating and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking..
It makes a great glaze for grilled or roasted ingredients, or a flavorful addition to a basic stir-fry. Stir or brush it on near the end of cooking, not the beginning, or it could burn. I love this sauce with veggies and crispy baked tofu, over rice or noodles. Teriyaki sauce has soy sauce, which includes those ingredients mentioned, but typically teriyaki sauce, as already mentioned also has a sweetener of some kind, as well as garlic, and ginger, along with other variations depending on the recipe. Ingredients In This Teriyaki Sauce Recipe: Teriyaki sauce is popular all around the world with its savory-salty-sweet flavor with lots of umami undertones.