Shrimp & Chicken Fried Rice. This blackened shrimp salad bowl is big and bold in flavor and makes for a low-calorie meal packed with shrimp, brown rice, corn, crisp bell pepper, black beans, and avocado. Easy to create with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen/pantry. If you prefer to serve burrito-style, just heat up some flour tortillas and wrap it all up.
Under a broader definition, shrimp may be synonymous with prawn, covering stalk-eyed swimming crustaceans with long narrow muscular. Shrimp is a wonderful choice for anyone who is trying to eat healthy — so we've rounded up some of our favorite ways to cook it. Find easy, delicious shrimp recipes for all occasions from Bobby, Ina, Alton and more chefs at Food Network. You can have Shrimp & Chicken Fried Rice using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp & Chicken Fried Rice
- Prepare of Day old white rice, (around 150g dry weight before cooking),.
- Prepare 200 g of frozen shrimp,.
- It’s 160 g of cooked chicken pieces,.
- Prepare 3 of chopped spring onions,.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten,.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of MSG (optional),.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt,.
- It’s 1-2 of thin green chillies, sliced very finely,.
- It’s 2 tsp of shrimp & chilli oil (optional to give more depth),.
- It’s 1 dash of cooking oil for frying.
And if you can't find raw, pre-prepped shrimp, don't discount frozen shrimp. They'll cook up tastier than the market's already-cooked shrimp. If you are using frozen, however, don't miss Chef John's quick tricks for frozen shrimp, with smart tips for making frozen shrimp taste as good as fresh shrimp just plucked from the sea. Shrimp is one of our favorite protein options to cook with.
Shrimp & Chicken Fried Rice step by step
- Heat the wok up over a high heat and add the frozen shrimp. Once the water is released from the shrimp, drain it away from the wok then add a tiny dash of cooking oil and the cooked chicken. Toss everything together. Scrape the shrimp and chicken to once side then add the beaten egg to the other..
- Once the egg begins to set a little break it up into chunks and add the chillies and whites of the spring onions plus the MSG if you're using it, season with a small pinch of salt then toss together and fry off for 15-20 seconds..
- Add in your day old rice. Break it up if there's large chunks. Add the light soy sauce. Stir and toss everything together in the wok. Add in the greens of the onions. Fry for 15-20 seconds then lastly add the shrimp and chilli oil. Stir well until evenly distributed throughout. Serve up and enjoy! :).
It's heart-healthy, super versatile, and easy to find in the grocery store. When cooking with shrimp, save the shells for seafood stock. If you're buying fresh, feel free to ask the fishmonger to de-vein them for you, but it's easy enough to do at home with a careful hand and sharp paring knife. Shrimp Patty Sandwiches Quite often when we eat at a restaurant, my husband will try something and tell me that I could make it better at home. That was the case with this shrimp patty.