Soft Gingerbread Cookies. In a medium bowl, mix together the molasses, brown sugar, water and butter until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, allspice, ginger, cloves and cinnamon, stir them into the wet mixture until all of the dry is absorbed. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Form or scoop balls of dough that are slightly smaller than a golf ball. If adding the dry ingredients is too much work for your mixer, please use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour by hand!! You can have Soft Gingerbread Cookies using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground allspice.
I've broken a cheaper mixer with cookie dough before. Also, I always stir by hand a little first before switching back to the mixer once I've added the dry ingredients, else you'll end up with a huge cloud of flour dust all over yourself and your kitchen. These gingerbread cookies are soft and chewy, yet sturdy enough to decorate and easily handle. The taste is sweet and spicy with warm notes of molasses, ginger and cinnamon.
Soft Gingerbread Cookies step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy..
- Next, beat in the egg and molasses until combined..
- Lastly, stir in the remaining ingredients, cover, and refridgerate for 2 hours..
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Cut festive shapes out of your dough, or shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place them about 2 inches apart onto your baking sheets..
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until soft in the center..
- Cool for about 2 and 1/2 minutes before removing from baking sheets..
They make for a fun and delicious family activity! These soft gingerbread cookies are a cinch to make. Here are the basic steps for how to make gingerbread: Beat the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and stir until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix.