Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. Search for broccoli cheese soup easy recipes. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high.
In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- It’s of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- It’s of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare of milk at room temperature.
- You need of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- It’s of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- It’s of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need of each salt, pepper.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- It’s of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
How to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup. Saute onion: Melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. Add liquids: While whisking, slowly pour in milk then chicken broth. Saute garlic in a large pot or Dutch oven.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe instructions
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, and chopped broccoli. Drain, remove vegetables and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute onion in butter. While mixture is simmering, chop the broccoli and carrots. Add the salt, pepper, optional paprika, optional dry mustard powder, and optional cayenne.