Teriyaki sauce. Make your own Teriyaki Sauce recipe for your favorite Asian-style dishes, using Food Network's blend of soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground ginger in a saucepan over medium heat. Teriyaki sauce is made using a combination of soy sauce, mirin (a sweet cooking sake), and sugar.
Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. After sauce is simmering, add cornstarch and water mixture, whisking well until sauce thickens. Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness. You can have Teriyaki sauce using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki sauce
- It’s 100 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 1 of little freshly ground black pepper (tip of a teaspoon).
- You need 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, pressed.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of freshly grated ginger root.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of pineapple or apple juice.
- You need 120 ml of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of corn flour.
It's best known for its combination with grilled chicken, but it also works in the oven or broiler, in a skillet on the stovetop, in a slow cooker, and in a wok for stir-frying. In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, sugar, water, mirin, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer. This homemade teriyaki sauce is sweet, salty and thick.
Teriyaki sauce instructions
- Place all the teriyaki ingredients apart from the corn flour in a small saucepan..
- Bring to the boil, turn the heat down and simmer for about 3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved..
- Let it cool a little and sieve to a clean saucepan..
- Bring it back to the boil..
- Mix the corn flour with a little water, pour into the sauce and cook, stirring, until it thickens..
- Add a little water if it’s thicker than it needs to coat the back of a spoon..
- When cold, decant it into a jar or a plastic tub, seal tightly and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks..
It makes a great glaze for grilled or roasted ingredients, or a flavorful addition to a basic stir-fry. Stir or brush it on near the end of cooking, not the beginning, or it could burn. I love this sauce with veggies and crispy baked tofu, over rice or noodles. Teriyaki sauce has soy sauce, which includes those ingredients mentioned, but typically teriyaki sauce, as already mentioned also has a sweetener of some kind, as well as garlic, and ginger, along with other variations depending on the recipe. Ingredients In This Teriyaki Sauce Recipe: Teriyaki sauce is popular all around the world with its savory-salty-sweet flavor with lots of umami undertones.