Banana Bread. Great Tasting Cooking Recipes for All to Enjoy. Search & Share Delicious Bread Recipes Using Almond Breeze Almondmilk Now! Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. You can cook Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 cup of mashed ripe banana (~2-3, the blacker, the better!).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. This classic Banana Bread recipe has appeared in almost every edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook that's ever been printed, and it's no surprise! This Banana Bread is sure to become a staple in your home if it's not already. Enjoy slices of moist Banana Bread and add chopped walnuts, chocolate chips or berries to customize it to your family's favorite flavors.
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8"x4"x2" (1-lb) loaf pan by greasing and flouring it.
- In a baking pan, add bananas and cover in half the sugar, bake for 20-25 min (long enough to get the sugar to melt and the bananas' flavor to open).
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, cream half of sugar and shortening with electric mixer till light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl often.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and then the milk, beating till smooth after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and mashed banana alternately to creamed mixture, folding till smooth after each addition. Gently fold in the chopped pecans or walnuts and/or chocolate.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
It's always a delicious idea to have a loaf of simple Banana Bread around the kitchen for a wholesome way to satisfy snack-time cravings. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.