Prawn olio. Prawn olio – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. Here is how you achieve it. Cooking Aglio e Olio is definitely not difficult, requiring very basic ingredients.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Heat a large frying pan/skillet over medium-high heat then add the oil and garlic. You can cook Prawn olio using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn olio
- You need 1/2 pack of spaghetti.
- You need 1 of big red onion, diced.
- You need 3-4 cloves of garlic, diced.
- It’s 1 cube of chicken stock.
- It’s 300 g of fresh prawns peeled and cleaned.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced yellow bell pepper (opt).
- It’s 1 cup of button mushroom, sliced.
- You need to taste of Crushed black pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of chili flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil (you can also use vegetable oil, works better for this recipe).
- It’s 1-2 tablespoon of butter (opt).
- It’s 1 pinch of dried basil and parsley.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
Add the chilli flakes and toast until the garlic starts to turn golden. Drain and set aside the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water if not making prawn stock. I love spaghetti aglio e olio and if you add prawns to this… amazing. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil.
Prawn olio instructions
- Cook spaghetti in boiled water. (Follow as told in packet instructions). Add some salt and olive oil, toss and put aside..
- Season prawns with salt and black pepper..
- Heat up oil over medium heat in frying pan. Add in shrimp. Cook and put it aside..
- Using the same oil, put in diced red onion. After 1 min, add in diced garlic. (If oil is not enough, add butter).
- When onion starts to sweat, add in diced bell pepper..
- Season the oil with salt and black pepper. Add in chicken stock cube..
- When the bell peppers softens, add in the mushrooms, dried parsley and bayleaf..
- When mushrooms are cooked, add in the spagethi noodles, chili flakes and chopped parsley..
- Add in the prawns and stir untill combine..
Cook the shrimp until both sides turn white, then add the spaghetti and water into the skillet. When the spaghetti is cooking, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add in the diced garlic and let them cook gently, stirring frequently. When the garlic is turning a light golden brown, push the garlic aside (away from the heat source) and add in the chili padi (if using) and prawns. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat, then add half of the shrimp.