Prawn olio. Prawn olio – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. Here is how you achieve it. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the chilli flakes and toast until the garlic starts to turn golden. Drain and set aside the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water if not making prawn stock. Cooking Aglio e Olio is definitely not difficult, requiring very basic ingredients. You can cook Prawn olio using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn olio
- You need of spaghetti.
- Prepare of big red onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, diced.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- You need of fresh prawns peeled and cleaned.
- You need of diced yellow bell pepper (opt).
- It’s of button mushroom, sliced.
- Prepare of Crushed black pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of chili flakes.
- It’s of olive oil (you can also use vegetable oil, works better for this recipe).
- It’s of butter (opt).
- It’s of dried basil and parsley.
- You need of chopped fresh parsley.
Check out my tips for making basic Aglio Olio here. The extra step of boiling the prawn heads and shells will add some umami-ness to the Aglio Olio, but you can skip this step and use pasta water if out of time. I love spaghetti aglio e olio and if you add prawns to this… amazing. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat, then add half of the shrimp.
Prawn olio step by step
- Cook spaghetti in boiled water. (Follow as told in packet instructions). Add some salt and olive oil, toss and put aside..
- Season prawns with salt and black pepper..
- Heat up oil over medium heat in frying pan. Add in shrimp. Cook and put it aside..
- Using the same oil, put in diced red onion. After 1 min, add in diced garlic. (If oil is not enough, add butter).
- When onion starts to sweat, add in diced bell pepper..
- Season the oil with salt and black pepper. Add in chicken stock cube..
- When the bell peppers softens, add in the mushrooms, dried parsley and bayleaf..
- When mushrooms are cooked, add in the spagethi noodles, chili flakes and chopped parsley..
- Add in the prawns and stir untill combine..
Remove shrimp to a warm platter and repeat process with remaining. Remove the prawns' heads and shells (keep them to make stock). De-vein the prawns and place them in a small bowl. Rinse the prawns and pat-dry thoroughly with paper towels. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil.