Tartar Sauce. Simple tartar sauce for deep fried seafood. It is better if prepared several hours before you will be using it, but it can be used immediately. Ina Garten's recipe for Tartar Sauce from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network is fresher than the store-bought stuff, and it's so easy it takes only five minutes.
Tartar sauce is typically made of mayonnaise, chopped pickles or gherkins, and onions, capers, or fresh parsley. For those who follow a gluten-free diet, always check the label to verify that the mayonnaise you are using is gluten-free. What goes well with tartar sauce? You can have Tartar Sauce using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tartar Sauce
- It’s 1 c of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 TBS of prepared mustard(Dijon prefered).
- It’s 1/4 c of sweet pickle relish.
- You need 1 of \4 tsp dill.
- You need Dash of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Lemon pepper(to taste).
Best if refrigerated for an hour before use. Note: Can be made without the food processor, using dill relish or finely minced pickle. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste then adjust with additional lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Tartar Sauce instructions
- In medium mixing bowl mix together all ingredients. Using lemon peppet to your own prefered taste.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with any of your seafood favorites!.
What Are the Ingredients in Tartar Sauce? This tartar sauce starts with a base of mayonnaise. To that we mix in chopped dill pickles and capers, Dijon mustard, chopped shallots and scallions, Tabasco hot sauce and lemon juice. The name derives from the French sauce tartare, same as beef tartare and the such. You can also find a similar sauce with different names throughout England and Turkey, so the actual origins of the sauce itself are unknown.