Salisbury Steak. So, if you're craving an old cafeteria food favorite – don't waste your time with the recipe for the sauce – buy a box of Lipton Mushroom Onion soup mix and make the gravy with it – you won't regret it! Great and simple recipe as is. Salisbury steak is a dish, originating in the United States, made from a blend of ground beef and other ingredients and usually served with gravy or brown sauce.
Serve with buttered mashed potatoes and a vegetable side of your choice. Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy. In a medium bowl, combine egg, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and sage. You can have Salisbury Steak using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- You need of Step 1.
- You need 1 lb of Lean Ground Beef.
- You need 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 large of Egg (Slighly Beaten).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of Steak Seasoning.
- It’s of Step 2.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter (Divided).
- Prepare of Step 3.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cognac.
- Prepare 8 oz of Sliced Mushrooms.
- It’s 2 cup of Beef Broth.
- Prepare 1 packages of Brown Gravy Mix (1.2 oz).
Make the meat mixture: Mix the beef, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Cook the patties: Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Salisbury Steak is a classic dinner that just got better! Flavorful and tender beef patties cooked in a comforting mushroom gravy.
Salisbury Steak step by step
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/4 can mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and steak seasoning. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 oval patties..
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown patties on both sides and transfer to a plate..
- Add remaining butter and cognac. Saute mushrooms for 7 to 8 minutes. Add beef stock and whisk in gravy mix until smooth. Stir in remaining mushroom soup..
- Return patties to skillet and spoon gravy over top. Cover pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. I like to serve with some garlic mashed potatoes or over some egg noodles or white/brown rice..
It's a comforting, stick-to-your-ribs meal that everyone will love. SO delicious served with buttery mashed potatoes, maple glazed carrots and peas for good measure! I am so so thrilled to be sharing this Salisbury Steak. Salisbury steak is a totally scrumptious way to transform the humble ground beef / mince into something amazing! The onion grating / soaking breadcrumbs will make your patties extra tasty and tender, and the Mushroom Gravy is made extra delicious by cooking the Salisbury Steaks IN the gravy!