Chaliapin-Style Beef Steak. Great recipe for Chaliapin-Style Beef Steak. A chef has taught me this recipe. If you take your time grilling your thick cut meat, you can trap the meat juice and make it tender!
The dish is exclusively made by Sōma combined with the Japanese original dish, the Chaliapin Steak and the donburi concept for his first Shokugeki. Chaliapin Steak is a unique steak exclusively known in Japan. Chaliapin Steak Don is a dish made by Sōma Yukihira for his first Shokugeki against Ikumi Mito. You can have Chaliapin-Style Beef Steak using 17 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chaliapin-Style Beef Steak
- Prepare of Steak Chaliapin style.
- It’s 2 of pieces Steak.
- You need 1 of Grated onion.
- You need 1 clove of Grated garlic.
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Stir-fried onions for toppings.
- You need 1/2 of Onion (sliced).
- You need 1/2 of Garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 20 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Parsley (minced).
- It’s of Vegetables to serve on the side.
- You need 1 of Broccoli, Carrots, Red Bell Peppers, Radish, Zucchini, Mushroom, etc..
- It’s 1 of Olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- You need of Red Wine Sauce (Refer to other recipe).
- It’s 1 of Steak sauce from a French restaurant.
The dish is exclusively made by Sōma combined with the Japanese original dish, the Chaliapin Steak and the donburi concept for his first Shokugeki. Chaliapin Steak is a unique steak exclusively known in Japan. A Chaliapin Steak is a special steak made for the Russian musician Chaliapin at the Imperial Hotel in Japan. A minced onion sauce is drizzled over the rump or filet steak.
Chaliapin-Style Beef Steak step by step
- These are the general instructions. Marinate the meat (over 8 hours). Stir-fry onions. Take out the steak, wipe off the sauce and grill..
- Stir-fry the side vegetables. Heat the red wine sauce and finish. Arrange on plate..
- Make the red wine sauce beforehand. (You can store it up to 1 week.) You'll make it by cooking it for about an hour..
- Marinate the steak. Grate onions and garlic..
- Pour 1/2 of the grated ingredients below the steak, and the other 1/2 on top. Make sure the meat is covered well..
- Cover with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for about 8 hours-1 day. The meat will change color as time passes, but it becomes tender..
- Now onto stir-fry onions. Stir fry butter, carrots and sliced onions..
- Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, season with salt and place on a separate dish..
- Take out the marinated steak and wipe it well using something like a paper towel. Wipe off well because the onions tend to burn easily..
- Season it with salt and pepper then grill..
- This steak will burn easier than your normal steak. If the heat seems too strong, cook on medium-low heat (adjust accordingly so that water isn't flying out of the pan)..
- If one side of the steak has browned, cook the other side as well..
- Once the steak has browned, place it on a net. Let it sit for 1 minute and place it back into the frying pan. Repeat this step 2-3 times..
- Once it has browned enough, wipe the frying pan while letting the steak sit on the pan..
- Take the meat off the pan and lightly wipe. Cook wine sauce and season with butter, salt and pepper. Stop the heat when it thickens..
- Cut the side dish vegetables into rounds, squares or triangles. Heat the oil and stir fry. Season with salt (boil the broccoli)..
- Serve on dish. Slice the steak once diagonally..
- Take the piece on the left and place it on the bottom. Take the piece on the right and let it stand facing up..
- Place the stir-fried onions on top of the steak, arrange the side vegetables, and pour wine sauce using a spoon. Add parsley if you'd like..
- You can place the vegetables on one side or arrange it around the steak like in the picture. Either way, you can make a beautiful arrangement..
Red peppers are green peppers that have been ripened until they've turned red. The wasabi greens have a spicy wasabi-like flavor. Chaliapin Steak Don is a dish made by Sōma Yukihira for his first Shokugeki against Ikumi Mito. The dish is exclusively made by Sōma combined with the Japanese original dish, the Chaliapin Steak and the donburi concept for his first Shokugeki. Chaliapin Steak is a unique steak exclusively known in Japan.