Poached eggs and tomato salsa. Poached eggs and tomato salsa Anthony Fairweather. Bread (tiger bread / sourdough is best) Spinach or lambs lettuce Fresh, organic eggs Butter Homemade tomato salsa (separate recipe) White wine vinegar Steps. Boil a pan of water, you want to be simmering very slowly.
Add avocado, tomato, chives and balsamic vinegar. Top with the eggs, season with black pepper and serve. Huevos Ahogados, or "drowned eggs" in English, is a Mexican breakfast dish made from eggs that are poached and cooked in a delicious tomato-based salsa. You can have Poached eggs and tomato salsa using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Poached eggs and tomato salsa
- Prepare of Bread (tiger bread / sourdough is best).
- Prepare of Spinach or lambs lettuce.
- You need of Fresh, organic eggs.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of Homemade tomato salsa (separate recipe).
- It’s of White wine vinegar.
The spiciness of the salsa varies from recipe to recipe, as do the types of peppers used. Some variations use jalapenos and others use dried chiles like guajillos and chile de arbol. The literal translation of Huevos Ahogados is drowned eggs. In this case, eggs drowned in fresh Tomato-Jalapeno salsa.
Poached eggs and tomato salsa instructions
- Boil a pan of water, you want to be simmering very slowly..
- Add a splash of vinegar.
- Drop the eggs in the water (shell on) for 10 seconds. Take them out and crack one into a bowl. Slowly lower it into the pan of water. Do the same with the other..
- Toast the bread, butter it and put a handful of leaves on top..
- When the eggs are cooked remove them from the water with a slotted spoon onto some kitchen roll..
- Put the eggs on top of the toast and add a spoonful of salsa on top of each. Season to taste..
If drowned eggs sounds too somber, you can refer to them as Huevos Abrazados, which translates to eggs embraced or hugged (by salsa!). Pickled Jalapenos and Carrots The perfectly poached or sunny side up egg on top of a cheese filled arepa cake and warm homemade tomato salsa. Arepas are prepared with a special corn flour that comes in white or yellow corn. Simply mix with warm water or broth, a drizzle of oil and cook on a hot comal or griddle until crisp! Crack the eggs into small bowls first, then add them to the simmering Salsa mixture.