Sublime Non-Fried Creamed Corn Tofu Croquettes. Free UK delivery on eligible orders! Great recipe for Sublime Non-Fried Creamed Corn Tofu Croquettes. My recipe for non-fried creamy tuna and tofu croquetteshas gotten great response, so I thought up another recipe using the same ratio of ingredients.
The mixture is loose and difficult to shape, so it's easier to make small patties. Creamed corn over rice is a quintessential Cantonese dish often served at cha chaan tengs, casual diners that are ubiquitous in Hong Kong. There are many variations of sook mei faan, or corn rice. You can cook Sublime Non-Fried Creamed Corn Tofu Croquettes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sublime Non-Fried Creamed Corn Tofu Croquettes
- It’s 1/2 medium of Finely chopped onion.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Canned corn (drained).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 of block, 350 grams ●Silken tofu (no need to drain).
- It’s 2 of bags ●Corn soup powder.
- It’s 1 of ●Black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cake flour.
- You need 1 of generous amount Olive oil.
- You need 200 ml of Panko.
Some include chunks of pork or chicken, while another rendition has the creamy corn ladled over fried fish fillets. While this dish is traditionally made with canned creamed corn, this vegan version. Place croquettes on an oiled baking dish. In this recipe, the tofu will need to absorb chili powder and cayenne pepper.
Sublime Non-Fried Creamed Corn Tofu Croquettes step by step
- Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the onion and corn. When the onion becomes translucent, add the ● ingredients and mix with a whisk until smooth. Cook for another 2 minutes to evaporate the moisture..
- Turn the heat down to low and add the cake flour in 3 batches, stirring well after each addition so that no lumps form. The mixture will become thick and hard to stir..
- Mix well as if you were kneading the mixture while you cook it. Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture to another container to cool it down. If you chill it well, it will become easier to handle..
- Put the panko in a bowl. Drop spoonfuls of the Step 3 mixture into the bowl. Coat each portion in the panko as you form 6-cm diameter patties. They don't have to be all the same size or shape, as shown in this photo..
- If you touch the filling while you are forming the patties they'll get sticky, so make sure to use the panko as a cushion between the filling and your hands. This way you can form the patties without making a sticky mess..
- Gently pan-fry the patties in a generous amount of olive oil, taking care that they don't fall apart. When both sides are golden brown the croquettes are done..
- These are delicious plain, but if you are going to serve them with a sauce, aurora sauce or Japanese-style Worcestershire sauce go well with these..
- Also take a look at my related recipe, "Non-Fried Tuna and Tofu Croquettes", too. These are not as sweet as the corn croquettes. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/159038-creamy-and-soft-tuna-and-tofu-croquettes.
Note: Not sure how to press tofu? It's simple, and it just takes a few minutes. See this easy step-by-step guide on pressing tofu. Combine the nutritional yeast, flour, cornmeal, and. Toss the tofu pieces in the spiced cornflour to coat all over.