Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
So I have been in love with Shrimp Scampi since I was a kid. Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook. Shrimp are served with linguine pasta in a white wine-and-butter sauce flecked with recent parsley for a fast and spectacular foremost dish. You can have Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook
- Prepare 1 of and a half lbs angel hair pasta (will need two boxes, use one and a half boxes).
- It’s 16 oz of bag of spinach.
- You need 12 oz of small shrimp, (bag) raw peeled,deveined,tail off, frozen.
- It’s 2 containers of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 2 of medium white sweet onions.
- It’s 1 bottle of white wine (use half the bottle) any white wine will work.
- You need 2 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoon of or more minced garlic (I used 4 -5 tablespoon).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sweet basil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of oregano.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Garlic bread optional.
Good with any pasta; angel hair is much less filling. Evaluations for: Pictures of Shrimp Scampi with Pasta. Add the lemon juice and white wine and raise the heat to high. Heat up a skillet with olive oil and butter.
Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook step by step
- Cook pasta to till done, drain and cool off pasta by running water over it In a colander drain and set in refrigerator or can leave in sink,in the I colander,(if leaving In colander in the sink add some water from time to time so it don’t stick together) I left it in the colander in the sink..
- Cut onions set aside when pasta is cooking.
- In big frying pan add Olive oil,butter and all spices, on medium heat mix up.
- Add the onions after Olive oil heats up mix to coat all onions.
- Add mushrooms 5 mins after the onions mix to coat mushrooms and onions.
- Add the frozen shrimp (mix to coat)5-7 mins after the mushrooms can put a lid on to help it cook faster mixing in between.
- After shrimp turns a light pink (don’t cook the shrimp all the way)add half the spinach,put lid on till it cooks down some till you can add the rest of the spinach,mix some in between. after all the spinach is in and cooked down, add a half a bottle of white wine mix well and put the lid on.
- Cook wine out…. wine will turn a light yellow and is no longer a milky white…. taste and mix occasionally if needs more spices add at this time. (if making garlic bread at this point will be a good time to start baking it) after wine is cooked out,turn off heat.
- Add the pasta, try to mix in the pan or place it all together in a big bowl (make sure that the pasta is not sticking together when adding to the wine sauce, if it’s sticking run it under cold water and mix with hands, drain well you don’t want water in the wine sauce).
- Make plates immediately and top with cheese on the outside of the pasta and a pinch over the pasta, don’t over power it with the cheese. (spoon on some sauce to each plate if you like, goes really good with garlic bread / I like to soak up the wine sauce with my bread) I highly recommend garlic bread, Italian bread,or baguette bread toasted or not toasted (a cheesy bread or cheesy garlic bread I think will over power this dish and I don’t recommend that.).
- Notes- the garlic is the heart of the dish., the more the better. You can take the shrimp out or can substituted it for Scallops. I know the ingredients looks like a lot especially the bag of spinach but that cooks down and fast, can also substitute that with kale. Can also add slices of tomato’s, just add the tomatoes slices on top of the spinach, it will also help hold down the spinach as it cooks down..
- Everything is made to taste. And spices is an estimate in this recipe I don’t really Measure.
- I had leftovers (good for a few days) makes for a good lunch too.
- This makes a lot it fills up one of my biggest bowls..
Saute and stir the garlic slices and red chili flakes a few times before adding the shrimp. When the shrimp turn opaque, add the white wine, pasta water lemon juice and salt to taste. Cook the shrimp and reduce the sauce a little. The shrimp is brined and then poached in the wine stock sauce. Slice the garlic, so the sauce is not bitter or grainy.