Easy Apple Pie. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! While the pastry is chilling, core the apples, then cut into even-sized chunks so they all cook in the same amount of time.
Trim the edges with a knife using the edge of the plate. From a traditional British apple pie recipe to a Dutch-style pie, to an all-American slice of comfort food, we've got enough proper (and improper) apple pie recipes to keep you going. Lightly beat the egg white with a fork. You can cook Easy Apple Pie using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Apple Pie
- You need 1 of i used 2 17 cm x 22 cm sheets this time Frozen puff pastry.
- It’s 1 large of ○Apple.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ○Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ○ Panko.
- You need 1 tsp of ○Cinnamon.
- You need 5 of to 6 small coin-sized pieces Butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Panko.
First, place the pastry case, still in its foil container, on a baking sheet. Then, all you do is halve, core and slice the apples (I leave the skins on) and pile them into the pastry case (making them higher in the centre), sprinkle over the caster sugar and dot with the cloves. Keys Steps for an Easy (and Perfect) Apple Pie Toss the apples with sugar, then drain. After peeling and slicing your apples, you want to toss them with sugar and set them aside to soften and drain.
Easy Apple Pie instructions
- Defrost the frozen puff pastry. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Peel the apple, cut into 8 pieces, and take out the core. Slice into 5 mm pieces. Put the ○ ingredients in a bowl and mix well..
- Cover one puff pastry evenly with panko, leaving 1 cm gap around the edges. Top with the combined ○ ingredients, and top with butter pieces. If you work on a baking sheet, it's easier afterwards..
- Top with the other puff pastry. Crimp the edges together with a fork. Make several slits in the top pie crust with a knife, or pierce several times with a fork. If you brush the top with beaten egg, it will come out very shiny. I skipped this step..
- Bake in a 200°C oven for 25 to 30 minutes. When it's nicely browned, it's done..
This step makes the apples more tender and prevents a soggy crust. This apple pie recipe is super easy and tastes absolutely delicious. It's a great way to use up any bruised apples and is a tasty treat. Cover the pie loosely with foil towards the end of the cooking time, if the pastry starts to brown before the apples are cooked. You can freeze the pie after cooking and when completely cool.