kabsa khaleeji UAE recipe (arabian gulf). Similar to many dishes in the Middle East Kabsa is a meal that is primarily made of rice and meat. Unlike the dishes in the Levant, this traditional Saudi dish uses a long grain rice, like basmati. Most Middle Eastern countries traditional recipes call for using medium or short grain rice.
Kabsa and Majboos are similar rice dishes popular in the Gulf countries especially Saudi Arabia. Kabsa is made differently in each household, some incorporating vegetables such as carrot. It may be made with lamb, beef or even fish. You can have kabsa khaleeji UAE recipe (arabian gulf) using 17 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of kabsa khaleeji UAE recipe (arabian gulf)
- It’s of main ingredients.
- It’s 1 medium of white onion chopped.
- You need 2 medium of carrots peeled& grated.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 of orange zested.
- You need 6 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 3 of whole cloves.
- It’s 2 of cardamom pods.
- You need 1 large of cinnamon stick.
- You need 3 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of uncooked basmati rice.
- You need of garnish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/4 cup of pistachios (optional).
Notes: We often make Kabsa with and without the skin on the chicken. Leaving the skin ON is recommended for a truly moist chicken. When you do use skinless chicken, be very careful not to overcook. Dried lime (Loomi) is available in the Arabian/Middle-Eastern section of your supermarket.
kabsa khaleeji UAE recipe (arabian gulf) step by step
- melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. add onion and garlic. saute intil tender. stir in tomato sauce. cook over low heat 1 minute. add carrot, tomatoes, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon stick. cook 1-2 minutes. add broth. bring to boil. reduce heat and cover. cook for 30 minutes. while this is cooking, soak raisins in warm water for 15 min. drain and cook them and the pistacios in a sauce pan with a dash of olice oil over low heat for about 5-10 minutes. careful to always stir them so the pistachios do not burn. stir in rice. cook 10-15 minutes stir periodically and watch rice so it doesn't overcook or stick to bottom of pot. you can pull ot the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, and cloves. add the garnish to the top..
It comes in yellow and black colors. Would like to introduce you my own and exclusive style of making delicious Arabian Kabsa in this video. Hope you gonna like it. #Ingredients: Chicken Basmati Rice Onion. This was the first Arabic dish I ever made and it turned out extremely delicious, a new favorite! Serve Al Kabsa with a fresh mixed cucumber, carrot, lettuce, and tomato salad — preferably with a little lime vinaigrette.