Easy apple crumble pie with olive oil and wholemeal flour. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Steps Sift the flour and place it in a bowl together with the vanilla and the baking powder.
To make the crumble, whisk the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together in a medium mixing bowl. Add the oil and stir to combine with a wooden spoon or flexible spatula – or better yet, use your fingers, pinching the crumble together to form clumps. Place in the freezer while you prepare the apples. You can cook Easy apple crumble pie with olive oil and wholemeal flour using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy apple crumble pie with olive oil and wholemeal flour
- You need of For the dough.
- You need of flour (2 cups all purpose flour and 1 1/2 cup wholemeal).
- It’s of oil (half olive oil, half vegetable oil).
- You need of dark brown sugar.
- It’s of egg.
- You need of baking powder (20 g).
- Prepare of vanilla.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- You need of coarsely ground walnuts.
- It’s of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- Prepare of apples.
This dessert combines two classics – apple pie and crumble – into one easy dessert. Make it your own by varying the fruits, sugar or by adding nuts. Equipment and preparation: You will need a. Place the flour and oats in a bowl and mix well.
Easy apple crumble pie with olive oil and wholemeal flour instructions
- Sift the flour and place it in a bowl together with the vanilla and the baking powder..
- Mix, make a well in the middle and add the oil, the sugar and the egg, lightly beaten..
- Knead and when your dough looks like trahana (like crumbles) it is ready..
- Peel and grate the apples coarsely and mix them with the rest of the ingredients for the filling (walnuts, sugar, cinnamon)..
- Brush a medium-sized baking tray with oil and spread half of the dough (pressing it down a little to make it even)..
- Spread the filling ot top and cover with the rest of the dough (pressing it down once again)..
- Brush with a little egg (for the colour) and bake for about an hour at 180°C..
- When it is ready remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little icing sugar while it's still hot so that the sugar sticks..
Chop the butter into small cubes and add this to the oats and flour. Apple Crumble Pie: A quick and easy version of classic apple crumble pie. A homemade filling made from fresh apples, brown sugar and cinnamon gets taken to the next level with a buttery crumble topping. It's no secret, I make alot of pies in my career as a food photographer. But, you guys…this apple crumble pie one IS AMAZING!