Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder. Directions To poach the chicken: Combine the chicken, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, pepper and a tablespoon of salt large. To make the chowder: Heat the bacon and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook until the bacon fat is rendered.
Boil, then reduce heat to medium. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Heat oil in a stockpot or large cast-iron pot over a medium heat. You can have Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder
- You need 4 of Medium potatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cooked diced chicken.
- Prepare 1 of Can of extra sweet whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 2 of Can of cream corn.
- Prepare 1 of Can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 2 of cloves of fresh minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of pound bacon cooked and diced.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Add leek, bacon, celery and garlic. Add the water, stock, bay leaves, parsley stalks, potato and half of the corn. Season and blend with a handheld stick mixer. Alternatively, blend in a food processor in batches and return to pot.
Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder instructions
- Cover diced potatoes in water and boil till tender.
- Cook bacon and set aside. Leave 1/3 cup of bacon grease in pan after cooking.
- Add diced onion, garlic and diced chicken to bacon pan with the grease .Cook till onions are tender..
- When potatoes are cooked add cans of corn and evaporated milk . Don't drain water from potatoes..
- Add chicken,onions and garlic mixture to potatoes mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until softened. Add the chicken and bacon and continue cooking until the meats colour. Add the Wattie's Cream Style Corn, chicken stock, potatoes and thyme. Stir while bringing to the boil. Stir in the cream or milk if using and add the chopped parsley before serving with crusty bread.