Herb Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken.
You can cook Herb Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Herb Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken
- It’s 1 of 3 to 4 pound whole chicken, backbone removed ( cut out with a thin sharp knife, but not cutting all the way through, flatten after removing by firmly pressing breat to one even layer ).
- You need 1 of FOR MARINADE.
- It’s 1 cup of My Spicy Ranch Dressing, recipe below.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of HERB DRESSING.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh rosemary, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh basil, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh chives, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
Herb Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken step by step
- Combine spicy ranch dressing and chicken broth in a large ziploc bag big enough to hold chicken.Add butterflied chicken to marinade and refrigerate 8 to 10 hours or overnight. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353091-spicy-ranch-dipdressing.
- Combine all herb dressing ingredients in a bowl..
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and remove and discard marinade.Pat chicken dry and let get to room temperature 30 minutes before grilling..
- Have grill set up for indirect grilling and heat to a medium 350 to 375°F..
- Place chicken on grill skin side UP, grill for about 35 to 40 minutes covered with lid on basting with herb dressing every 15 minutes. flip over and grill skin side down over more direct beat, watching at all times so as not to burn until skin is crisp,5 to 15 minutes, it depends on your grill. The internal temperature should read 165, let chicken rest tented with foil 15 minutes before carving, serve with any remaing herb dressing drizzled over it..
- Serve as a filling for fajitas with tortillas, shredded cheese, lettece, tomato, avacado and sour cream or as the main dish with your favorite sides!.