Filipino Style Carbonara Recipe. Check Out Filipino Recipes on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Filipino style carbonara sauce needs a little bit of cooking.
How to Cook Filipino Style Carbonara. Like our Filipino-style spaghetti and macaroni salad, pasta carbonara is one dish we've adapted from the west to suit our Pinoy tastes. It's traditionally made with pancetta, eggs, and Parmesan cheese along with copious amounts of garlic and fresh parsley. You can cook Filipino Style Carbonara Recipe using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Filipino Style Carbonara Recipe
- You need 7-8 strips of Bacon.
- It’s as needed of Cooking oil.
- It’s 500 g of Spaghetti.
- It’s 1 pc of Beef Cube.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of All-purpose Cream.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of grated Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 1 pc of onion; minced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 cups of water.
However, although cured meat, such as bacon or ham, is still a core ingredient, this dish has evolved in our local food scene to include. Try this rich and creamy Pinoy Style Carbonara recipe. Let me know what you think. This is a recipe for Pinoy Style Carbonara.
Filipino Style Carbonara Recipe step by step
- Cook 7-8 strips of Bacon until crispy. Cook in medium heat for 2 minutes. Flip the bacon and cook the opposite side for another 2 minutes. Set aside. Save the bacon grease..
- Cook the spaghetti by pouring the 4 cups of water in a cooking pot. Let it boil. Add a 1 tbsp of cooking oil and add 500 grams spaghetti. Cook for 12 minutes or until al dente. Remove the spaghetti and set aside. Save 1/4 cup of water used to cook the spaghetti..
- Prepare the carbonara sauce by heating 3 tablespoons of bacon grease then saute onion and garlic..
- Once the onion softens, pour 1.5 cup all-purpose cream into the pan. Stir then add 1/4 cup water..
- Add the beef cube, stir well until mixed in to the sauce..
- Put 1/2 of chopped bacon and nutmeg into the sauce then stir..
- Add the cooked spaghetti. Toss until spaghetti gets totally coated with sauce..
- Add the 6 tbsp of Parmesan cheese. Toss and add rest of the bacon..
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy..
Filipino Recipes » Filipino Style Carbonara. Filipino carbonara is a sweet creamy white sauced spaghetti dish. This Carbonara is an easy recipe just composed of bacon tidbits and cheese topped on fettuccini pasta then with a simple sauce mixture. Carbonara may not be a Filipino dish, but it's hugely popular in the Philippines nonetheless. This traditional Italian dish is commonly served in restaurants and increases in popularity during big celebrations like fiestas and especially during the holiday season.