Simple thick crust pizza dough. Delicious, easy thick crust pizza recipe. Use a yeast pizza dough recipe. The best thick crust pizza crusts (pan crust) are made with yeast and will require a rise.
Combine the water, yeast, and sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl, stir in yeast mixture, and mix until a soft dough forms. Divide dough in half, and press each half into an oiled pizza pan. You can have Simple thick crust pizza dough using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple thick crust pizza dough
- Prepare 17 1/2 oz of AP flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 packet (7 g) of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 12 1/4 oz of water.
Put sauce then desired toppings on pizza. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball.
Simple thick crust pizza dough step by step
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, and olive oil and whisk to combine..
- Whisk in the water..
- With a wooden spoon, mix well for about 3 minutes. The dough should be very gooey..
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and set aside for at least 6 hours, but as long as 15 hours is fine, supposedly..
- Preheat the oven to 550F..
- Grease up a baking pan with olive oil. I used a 10" x 14" tray..
- Slide the dough into the pan. Use a greased spoon or spatula to stretch the dough to cover the pan. Try not to push out too much of the gas that's been trapped in the dough..
- Top however you like, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden toasty brown..
Brush the dough generously with olive oil. Sprinkle some cornmeal onto the pan. This is the ULTIMATE Pizza Dough Recipe! This easy pizza crust recipe can be made thick, thin, or personal sized with whole wheat or gluten free flour. You can make a baked pizza crust or a grilled pizza recipe.