Buttermilk Biscuits. Never Beaten On Price Or Quality, Plus Huge March Savings Today. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Line a baking sheet with parchment. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl. Dust a cutting board or work surface with flour and turn the dough out onto it. You can have Buttermilk Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuits
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 6 tbsp of unsalted butter (very cold).
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients to thoroughly combine. Cut in the ice cold butter slices using a wire pastry blender, until the mixture has the texture of coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and pour in the cold buttermilk. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
Buttermilk Biscuits step by step
- 450F oven.
- sift dry ingredients.
- cut butter into chunks, then cut into dry ingredients until it resembles course meal.
- add buttermilk, mix until JUST combined.
- turn dough onto floured board.
- pat dough to 1/2 inch thick, fold about 5 times to 1 inch thick.
- cut into rounds.
- bags for 12 – 15 mins.
Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs with a few large clumps remaining. Rub in butter and vegetable fat until you end up with a crumb-like texture. Do this quickly to avoid melting the butter. Create a well in the centre and add in chilled buttermilk. For fluffy biscuits, use low protein, self-rising flour, vegetable shortening or butter, and don't overwork the dough.