Lasagna. Get inspired by our latest recipes. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. This is Mary's classic lasagne recipe which has been perfected over the years.
Place a ladleful of the sauce in the bottom of a greased baking dish. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets, then continue layering, ending with the lasagne sheets covered with grated cheese. Ladle a third of the remaining sauce over the noodles. You can have Lasagna using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- Prepare 12 of Lasagna Noodles.
- You need of Sauce from my Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce Recipe.
- Prepare of Filling from my recipe Filling for Lasagna or Stuffed Shells.
- You need 1 lb of block of Whole Milk Mozzarella (grated).
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s of Fennel Seed.
- You need of Chopped Parsley for garnish.
In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. One of the most loved foods in the world is finally here!
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13×9 pan including on the sides. Boil water in a large stock pot..
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package (typically 9 minutes). Drain and immediately run cold water over them..
- I like to lay my noodles out on parchment paper to ensure they stay flat as I'm working..
- Spread thin layer of sauce (approximately one ladle full) on bottom of pan..
- Arrange 4 noodles in pan, slightly overlapping, to start first layer..
- Add 1/2 Filling for Lasagna (available in my recipes). I use a melon baller to scoop it into a grid of 12 (3×4) and then spread evenly out with the back of a spoon. Just makes for easy quick and even distribution..
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella, grated parmesan, and fennel seeds over filling mixture..
- Use approximately 1.5-2 ladles of sauce to cover 1st layer. Spread evenly with back of spoon..
- Repeat assembly for 2nd layer. (4 noodles, other half of ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, fennel seed, sauce).
- Last layer, add final 4 noodles, cover with sauce, generously cover with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley..
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Increase oven temp to 400°. Bake 15 minutes more. Remove and let cool 45 minutes to set..
- (optional): I usually double the recipe, assembling two. I put one in the oven. The other, I add the foil, then wrap the entire pan over and under well with saran wrap, and freeze it. I remove to refrigerator the day before I want to bake it, discard the saran wrap, and bake it the same as above..
This is a traditional Italian Lasagna, made the Italian way with layers of slow cooked Bolognese ragu and cheese sauce. No ricotta – that's the American-Italian version. Though patience is required, it is quite straight forward to make as you will see in the recipe video! Lasagna Pasta Shortcut: Boiling lasagna noodles is an extra step that we would all love to avoid. No boil lasagna noodles, in our opinion, have an unpleasant texture and often turn out soggy.