Gingerbread men (gluten-free). Gather and re-roll the scraps. (Don't worry about overworking the dough, there. These gluten free chewy gingerbread men cookies are soft and perfectly spiced for all your holiday cookie-baking needs—or any time of year. I have a cookie deadline coming up, and it's no laughing matter I tell you.
This version is corn free as well as gluten-free and is extra-extra gingery. The gingerbread men are decorated with small amounts of royal icing and chocolate buttercream frosting, but you can also use raisins and nuts for a charming natural touch. Perfect for rolling out and stamping or rolling into balls for making the most tender, delicious gingersnaps on the planet. You can cook Gingerbread men (gluten-free) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gingerbread men (gluten-free)
- You need 145 g of unsalted butter (softened to room temperature).
- Prepare 150 g of dark brown sugar.
- You need 200 g of maple syrup.
- You need 1 of large egg (at room temperature).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 437 g of gluten-free flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground mix spices.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
Line a flat metal baking tray with baking paper. Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (ground almonds, almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt). These Gluten Free Gingerbread Men Cookies are as easy and fun to make as they are to decorate! Sweet, soft-baked, and made with the traditional flavors of cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar, and molasses.
Gingerbread men (gluten-free) instructions
- In a bowl beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat on medium high speed until combined and creamy-looking..
- Beat in egg and vanilla on high speed for 2 full minutes. The butter may separate; that’s ok..
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves together until combined. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined..
- The cookie dough will be quite thick and slightly sticky. Divide dough in half and place each onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap each up tightly and pat down to create a disc shape..
- Chill the discs for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days..
Gluten free doesn't mean you have to give up your favorite holiday traditions! Crispy and snappy gluten free gingerbread men cookies, spiced with cinnamon and ginger, and flavored with just a touch of molasses. Make them any shape you like! The key for me was keeping the dough cool because I probably added too much milk. I found dividing the dough in thirds to be the key to success, and worked with one at a time while keeping the other two in the fridge.