Steak Fajitas with Queso Cheese Sauce. Wrap your tortilla shells in aluminum foil and warm in oven for a few minutes to soften up. Can wrap in paper towel and microwave just for a few seconds to soften. Take warm tortilla and spread with cheese sauce.
I like using zip lock bags so it lays flat and marinade spreads easily over all the strips. Steak Fajitas with Queso Cheese Sauce. Rachael Ray makes Steak Sauce Fajitas with Blue Cheese Crumbles and Bacon Bits. You can cook Steak Fajitas with Queso Cheese Sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steak Fajitas with Queso Cheese Sauce
- Prepare 2 pounds of steak of your choice cut into thin strips.
- You need 1 of large onion sliced into half moon shapes.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper cut into strips. Can use red and yellow peppers.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil.
- It’s of Fajita Seasoning (Recipe on next page).
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil for fajita marinade.
- You need 1/2 cup of water for marinade.
- It’s 1 package of flour tortillas.
- You need of Queso cheese to taste. Can use shredded cheese also.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
For more follow the hashtag #RachaelRayShow. Includes melted Monterrey jack cheese, ranchero sauce, and your choice of fajita chicken, beef, shrimp, or spicy sausage. While the chicken and vegetables marinate, prepare the cheese sauce. When ready to use, reheat the cheese sauce in a small saucepan, over low heat.
Steak Fajitas with Queso Cheese Sauce step by step
- In large zip lock bag or deep dish, mix fajita mix with 2 tbsp. oil, 1/2 cup water until well combined. Add steak strips and mix around until all meat is covered well. I like using zip lock bags so it lays flat and marinade spreads easily over all the strips. Marinate for 30 minutes..
- In skillet, melt butter or oil over medium heat. Add strips of peppers and onions. I add a sprinkle of fajita seasoning to this just for taste. Cook until slightly tender. I like mine with a little firmness. Remove from skillet to bowl or plate..
- Cook the strips of steaks in butter or oil on medium high heat until cooked to your liking. These are medium. I like to crank the up at first to get a nice sear on the strips..
- When steak is cooked to your liking, add the onion and pepper mixture to steak and season with more fajita seasoning or salt and pepper. Really any seasoning you like. Turn off heat..
- Wrap your tortilla shells in aluminum foil and warm in oven for a few minutes to soften up. Can wrap in paper towel and microwave just for a few seconds to soften..
- Take warm tortilla and spread with cheese sauce. Add rice and steak/onion pepper mixture. Eat like a taco or roll like a burrito. Can also serve rice on the side..
Add a little heavy cream or Half 'n Half if the sauce is too thick. Mix steak sauce and chipotle peppers in medium bowl until blended. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices, then cut each slice crosswise in half. Add to steak sauce mixture; toss to coat. Combine all marinade ingredients with skirt steak into a zip lock bag.