Thai Green Curry Soup. Add coconut oil, lemongrass, green curry paste, garlic, ginger and chilli flakes. Add stock and water to the saucepan with the lemongrass mixture; bring to a boil. Using a hand blender, blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
This amazing Thai green curry soup recipe is ultra-easy to whip up on a weeknight, and completely customizable with your favorite vegetables, proteins (chicken, shrimp, steak, tofu, or veggies-only) and toppings. Heat canola oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. You can cook Thai Green Curry Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Green Curry Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli,chopped and deseeded.
- Prepare 1 stick of lemongrass,chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion,chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic,crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Thai fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 of lime (zest and juice).
- It’s 1 of small chicken breast.
- You need 400 ml of can of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
Add the chicken and garlic, and cook until the chicken changes colour. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for another minute. Add the vegetable broth, lentils, curry paste, ginger, coriander, and salt.
Thai Green Curry Soup instructions
- In a saucepan fry the chopped onion in the olive oil for a few minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients except the coriander leaves,and bring to the boil.Simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes..
- Whilst step 2 is cooking,fry the chopped chicken breast in a little olive oil until browned and cooked through..
- Allow to cool to room temperature (as per manufacturer's instructions)..
- Pour the contents from Step 2 into the Nutri Ninja and blend for about 30 seconds..
- Return the contents to the saucepan and add the cooked chicken breast.Gently reheat until ready to serve..
A big bowl of this creamy, spicy coconut soup is everything you need to warm up on a cold winter day. There's something always so satisfying about tucking into a warm bowl of soup in the winter. Add Thai green curry paste, green peas and,coconut cream and water. Transfer the soup to the serving bowls. A spicy Thai soup with noodles, vegetables and edamame beans. delicious!