The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe. Add the green pesto to the sauce, stir in and simmer until pasta is cooked. Drain the pasta, pour into bowls and serve the Bolognese directly on top. Leave to bubble and cook away.
Keep it super-traditional, or include a clever little twist if you're cooking for kids or want to make it veggie. by Chris Bell. Everyone needs a basic spaghetti bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's super rich. You can have The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, trimmed and finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped.
- It’s 500 g of minced beef.
- Prepare of Bolognese Sauce.
- Prepare 2 of x 400g tins plum tomatoes.
- Prepare of Small pack basil, leaves picked (3/4 chopped, rest left whole).
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 of fresh/dried bay leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- It’s 2 of beef stock cube.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, deserved and finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar.
- You need 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of fresh black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of To season and serve.
- Prepare 75 g of parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve.
- Prepare 400 g of spaghetti.
- It’s of Crusty bread, to serve.
Add the mince and cook until browned, breaking it up in the pan with a spatula or wooden spoon. When ready to cook the spaghetti, heat a large saucepan of water and add a pinch of salt. Cook according to the packet instructions. Once the spaghetti is cooked through, drain and add to the pan.
The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe step by step
- Gather and prepare all ingredients.
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Reduce the heat and add the two onions, two carrots, two celery sticks, two garlic cloves and the leaves from 2-3 sprigs rosemary, all finely chopped, then fry for 10 mins. Stir the veg often until it softens..
- Increase the hear to medium-high, add 500g minced beef and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the meat is browned all over..
- Add two tins of plum tomatoes, the finely chopped leaves from 3/4 small pack basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 Bay leaves, two tablespoon tomato purse, 1 beef stock cube, 1 deserved and finely chopped red chilli, 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar and 6 halved cherry tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce. In between, add the pinch of sugar for flavor. Don't forget the salt and fresh black pepper.
- Add the 75g grated parmesan cheese, check the seasoning and stir..
- When the bolognese is nearly finished, cook 400g spaghetti following the pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti. Serve with more grated parmesan cheese, the remaining basil leaves and crusted bread. And enjoy! 😋.
Taste the spaghetti to check it has softened to your personal taste and, once it has, turn off the heat for both the spaghetti and ragu & plate up. Mince The classic Italian cookery bible, The Silver Spoon, gives a ragu alla bolognese in its most basic form: minced steak, onion, celery, carrot and tomato purée, cooked for an hour and a half. My recipe for chunky spaghetti Bolognese when you're in a rush. My kids love it and often ask for a second helping. Scoop out a mug of pasta cooking water and set aside, then drain the pasta.