Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough. In a large bowl add flour and salt. This could be in a mixer with a dough hook or by hand. Have a bowl of extra flour.
Prepare dough for pizza crust according to package directions. Sprinkle with cheese; top with pepperoni. It's perfect for making your favorite pizza at home – we have made this recipe so many times! You can have Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough
- Prepare of Dough.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of Yeast.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of Luke warm water.
- It’s 3 1/3 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 1/3 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Pizza construction.
- It’s 1 of Dough.
- You need 1 of Pizza pan or cast iron skillet.
- You need 28 oz of Whole Tomatoes – San Marzano – crushed up.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Mozzarella, Ramono, provolone.
- It’s of Toppings, sausage, ham, mushrooms, etc.
- Prepare 1 dash of Fresh oregano, basil.
This post is sponsored by Fleischmann's® Yeast, whose RapidRise® Yeast makes it possible to make homemade dough so quickly. How to Make Deep Dish Pizza: Add flour, cornmeal, salt, honey and yeast to a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix on low speed until incorporated. Since we prefer a thin crust I cut the dough in half and froze it.
Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough instructions
- Dough: in a 2 cup measuring cup, add yeast and sugar. Fill with warm water to measure 1 1/3 cup. Let sit and activated…will bubble. In a large bowl add flour and salt. Slowly pour in yeast liquid. This could be in a mixer with a dough hook or by hand. Have a bowl of extra flour. Knead until smooth. Put in a zip lock bag for 2 hours in a warm spot….Dough will double in size..
- Sauce: in a small pot 2 swirls of Olive Oil. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper. Cook low for 20minutes. It will splatter. Wear an apron..
- Spread dough in pan. The dough will make 2 thin crust or one large thick crust. Add cheese first. This way the cheese doesn't burn. Add other toppings. Sauce goes on last. Do not over do the sauce or the crust won't be crispy. Sprinkle oregano. Cook at 420°F for approx 20 minutes. Right out of oven, Sprinkle olive oil and fresh basil leaves..
The other half I rolled out and used in the cast iron skillet to make the deep dish pizza. In this way, we had a deep dish without excessive dough. I also made it in bread machine on dough cycle instead of by hand. Form the dough into a ball and place into a bowl twice the size of the ball. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator about one hour prior to making the pizza.