Nutella Banana Bread. This banana bread definitely leans toward dessert, thanks to thick swirls of chocolate-hazelnut spread. Browning the butter may seem a little fussy, but it's totally worth the time and effort. When sliced, the loaf yields perfect pieces of banana bread already layered with ribbons of Nutella.
Home » Recipes » Nutella Banana Bread. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. You can cook Nutella Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nutella Banana Bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of banana from about 3 medium banana.
- You need 1/4 cup of greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of nutella.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
The top of this hazelnut-adorned banana bread is a sneak peek: There's a layer of creamy chocolate-hazelnut spread in the center too. The ingredients for chocolate hazelnut banana bread include butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, bananas, milk, flour, baking soda, salt and nutella. Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
Nutella Banana Bread instructions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Brown butter: Melt butter in a light-colored saucepan over medium heat. Cook butter, occasionally scraping the bottom and sides of the pan with a rubber spatula until it turns a deep golden brown and smells nutty. Don’t walk away from the pan during this process. The butter will go from browned and nutty to acrid and burnt in moments. Transfer butter to a large heat-safe mixing bowl and let it cool slightly.
- When the butter has cooled a bit, add the mashed bananas, sugar, yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined, then add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan and spread it evenly with a knife or offset spatula. Spoon half the chocolate-hazelnut spread in several dollops over the top and use a toothpick or skewer to swirl it into the batter. Spoon and spread the remaining batter over the top followed by dollops of the remaining spread. Swirl in the spread, then bake the bread for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cream sugar and butter together in a bowl. Add bananas and eggs; mix well. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract. This Nutella banana bread is a great recipe to make ahead of time and have on hand for last-minute get togethers. To freeze this banana bread, let it first cool completely on your countertop.