Creamy corn. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Method. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Instructions In a saucepan or pot, melt the butter and saute the onion until it's soft and translucent.
Instructions In a medium size saucepan heat the corn and milk until warm on medium-low heat. Add the cream cheese, flour, butter,. Then add it back into the pot and mix. You can cook Creamy corn using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy corn
- You need 1 cup of sweetcorn kernels.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
Cook corn according to package directions; I use the microwave. Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour and blend well. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in sugar, salt and pepper.
Creamy corn step by step
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds and green chilli, let it splatter. Add sweetcorn kernels, a pinch turmeric powder and salt and saute for 2 minutes on medium flame..
- Then add milk and simmer boil for 4-5 minutes so that milk thickens a little bit. Add sugar, mix and switch off the flame when sugar is completely dissolved..
- Serve as a side dish with lunch or dinner..
Hint: sometimes I use part milk, part cream. Ingredients for Creamed Corn: Corn, butter, onion, garlic, milk, cream, sugar, cream cheese, flour, salt, pepper and dried thyme. Corn: You can use either canned or frozen corn for this recipe. I suppose fresh would be very delicious, but you'll need to cook it first. Defrost frozen corn before adding it to the sauce in order to make it easier to bring it to a safe temperature.