Banana Bread. Great Tasting Bread Recipes for All to Enjoy. Baking Bread with Almond Breeze is Easy & Delicious. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. You can cook Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 250 g of Flour (2 Cups).
- Prepare 150 g of Sugar (3/4 Cup).
- You need 4 of Over Ripe Bananas.
- It’s 2 of Large Eggs.
- It’s 80 g of Oil or 1/2 Cup Margarine/butter.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 30 g of Plain Youghurt (2 Tablespoon).
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Flavour.
- Prepare 1/8 Teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need of Coconut Flakes & Dried Mixed Fruits (Garnish).
In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. This classic Banana Bread recipe has appeared in almost every edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook that's ever been printed, and it's no surprise! This Banana Bread is sure to become a staple in your home if it's not already. Enjoy slices of moist Banana Bread and add chopped walnuts, chocolate chips or berries to customize it to your family's favorite flavors.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Grease the loaf pan or foil plate. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl and set aside. Use a fork or potato masher to mash the bananas..
- Mix sugar, eggs, oil, flavour and yoghurt using a mixer or a hand whisk until light and frothy..
- Add the flour gradually and mix on low if using a mixer. You can also fold in the flour with a spatula..
- Add the mashed bananas and fold in..
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and garnish with your favourite toppings..
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool down completely before serving..
- NOTE: You will need overripe bananas in order to achieve a lovely moist texture and abundant aroma. If your bananas are just ripe and not overripe, no need to wait. Place the bananas in a baking tray in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the skin turns brown-black. Allow to cool. Then mash. If you are using butter or margarine, cream with sugar until light and fluffy before adding the wet ingredients, followed by the dry ingredients then the mashed bananas..
It's always a delicious idea to have a loaf of simple Banana Bread around the kitchen for a wholesome way to satisfy snack-time cravings. The batter for this easy-to-make banana bread is enriched with sour cream, which gives it a subtle tang and super moist texture. In order to avoid this quick bread becoming tough and chewy, don't overmix the batter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.